Thursday, September 25, 2008

She said, He said...and he did it AGAIN!

While I was getting dinner ready yesterday for the girls and me, Carter was sitting in the kitchen just hanging out. He started to get upset and was jabbering a bit and then, he said his first word!

MA-MA!

I know - fluke, right? That's what I thought, but still I got excited and scooped him up. He was looking right at me when he said it! Did you say Momma? Totally made my day!

But, it wasn't a fluke. Nope, he said it again. After dinner, I had him sitting in the living room playing while I cleaned up the table and kitchen. The girls were playing around him and when he decided he had enough...

MA-MA, MA-MA!

Sorry, Daddy, but I won this one!!

It's awesome...except I didn't get to revel in it long.

Here's where the story takes the unfair twist.

Daddy stayed home with us a little while this morning since he had just returned from being offshore. Carter was sitting in the bed with me while Hot Rod was standing beside us talking waiting for the shower to warm up. Carter looked up at his Daddy and...

DA-DA!

Yep, and he said it again. Oh well...at least I can say he said Momma first.


3 comments:

  1. Aw, he said mama first! Lucky!

    Isabella just recently started saying momma...but she usually says "mom". And to make it hurt even more she said so many other words before she said momma.

    Glad you got to have the victory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 PM

    I can not wait for mine to say momma. It better be his first word! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I didn't win that one.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?