Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Girl's got an arm. She may be only five, but she can really pack a punch.
Can you believe she walked away with a tiny scratch so small I could hardly see it?
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
It's really rather adorable. He almost looks like he's trying to fly!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
"Mommy, I need you to wash my purple blankie. Remember when we went to the park with Daddy and Hailey and Carter to that park where we went with Princess TD and Little TD, but not the same day that we were there with Princess TD and Little TD, but after we went and had our pictures taken before we went to Poppy's house and then to Grammy and Paw-Paw's house and I got all sweaty and used my purple blankie to wipe my sweat? It's dirty!"
A mother's work is never done.
Friday, October 10, 2008
2. I do wish there was a way I could contribute monitarily to our family, but I know that I am contibuting in other areas. (And right now, I have no desire to jump into one of these "Really, it's not a pyramid" and "You can't beat working from your home and making your own hours," and then, "Trust me, you don't have to be a salesperson" only to learn that you have to beg your friends to host parties in their homes so that you can sell things to people and convince them to sign up to "not sell anything" as well. The next thing you know, people are avoiding you because they think you are going to hit them up to buy something or host a party in their home. Not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just not for me.)
3. Sometimes, I feel like I am working harder now than I ever did at any "paying" outside of the home job.
4. The 4 people I am working for can be quite demanding at times. Not so much the boys as the girls. I wonder what that means?
5. Often, I feel like I am lazy. I'm not really sure why...Must just be part of getting used to my "new" situation. Or it could be that I'm busy
6. I love to watch Maddie learn. She's starting to read and she loves sounding out the words. She's learned that Daddy will pay her for words that she is able to read to him. I am so glad to not be missing out on these accomplishments.
7. I must admit, I was (and still am) a little nervous about Maddie's learning being all on my shoulders...but on the other hand, it is fun.
8. The girls are a lot like me - they enjoy "craft time" Anything involving paint, glue, scissors, etc...is more fun than watching TV, and almost as much fun as playing outside.
9. We don't have all of the beautiful fall colors here, but the weather has been fabulous outside lately. Now if we can just kick those pesky mosquitos. (Why must EVERYthing in Texas be bigger?)
10. I'm so looking forward to Halloween...I love when my kids get to dress up as someone/something else for a day. They're always so cute. I also enjoy seeing my friends' kids. It's fun that for just one day kids all across the country get to be whatever they want -- even if it is just make believe!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Hard to believe it, but our little man turned 6 months old on Monday! He is getting so big so fast.
- Height: 27 inches (75 - 90%)
- Weight: 15 lbs 14.7 oz (25%)
- Head: 43.8 cm (50%)
Here's a recap of what we've accomplished over the past 6 months:
- Smiled (around week 3 and he hasn't stopped yet)
- Laughed (7/5)
- Rolled over (7/21)
- Trip to the pool (8/1)
- Two teeth (8/26 & 8/29)
- Big boy food - aka solids (Squash, Green Beans, & Carrots) (Starting 8/30)
- Rocking on hands and knees (mid-September)
- Sitting up (9/21)
- Said Momma (9/24)
- Said Dadda (9/25)
- Military crawl (9/28)
Look for me to be posting soon about the crawling. He's been up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth for quite a while now and has about mastered the backwards military crawl. He's pulling up on everything and likes to walk with someone holding his hands.
DADDY, it's time to get the baby gates back out!!!