Monday, November 10, 2008

10 things I'm thinking on the 10th

1. I'm glad that Carter is starting to get more independent. He's finally playing on the floor more by himself so that I can do things without having to carry him everywhere. Although, I must have some really strong arms...and back for that matter!


2. I think it's funny how many people ask me if the girls are twins. Obviously, they're not. I mean there is a 3 year difference in their age. But if they are sitting down, I can kind of see why. Like in this picture:



3. Hailey is turning 3 in less than two weeks! I remember her birth like it was yesterday...it's hard to believe time can fly by so quickly.


4. I'm trying something new. I've got to get a handle on things around the house. It's so easy just to play with the kids or on the internet. So, I have a plan. One that will help me get organized. One that will help me clean. One that will (hopefully) keep the Hubs happy.


5. It's hard when you've got three kids and you don't want one to wake up the other two while they're sleeping at naptime. The best way to keep him from crying is to hold him while he sleeps. So, I just hold him. (Now, before any of you "Baby-Wiser's" start in on me in the comments section, keep in mind that I went from working outside of the home to staying home, homeschooling, and a new baby all in one swoop - I'm still getting used to this whole thing! Give a Mom a break)


6. Speaking of Moms...I really miss mine. I wish she was here. For so long I looked forward to the day when I could quit work. The day that I could visit with her all day long without worrying about a schedule. The day she could teach me to sew and to cook and bake and make candies. The day that finally came, but didn't. The day that came without her. That day is now, that day is here...but she's not. And there's this hole. This huge gaping hole. One that will never be filled. And in a way, I don't want it to be filled.


7. I think my luck might be turning around. Just the other day I managed to outrun my little dark cloud. Hot Rod met up with the kids and me at Chili's for dinner on Friday night. After dinner, he took the girls home and I took Carter to the grocery store. The Hubs called me while I was shopping to tell me that Maddie informed him once they got home that she had lost her shoe getting into the car to head home. And he wasn't going back for it - could I run by and see if I could find it? Of course, I had to! It was a shoe...I am a woman...you do the math. Anyway, here I am thinking "How in the world will I ever find a small pink Croc in a Chili's parking lot, on a Friday night, during the dinner rush?" I drive into the parking lot down the side where I knew he had parked looking for an empty spot to pull in so I could get out and look around. Lucky for me, there was an open spot and two other people getting into their cars to leave. Even luckier for me, I look over into said spot and there was that stinkin' shoe. I am NOT kidding. It was like God knew I needed it. That is the only way I can justify what happened.


8. Boys are born stinkers. Carter does things that Maddie and Hailey never did. He grabs and pulls hair, he grunts at people, he bangs on things (computers included) I could go on. Then, when I get annoyed with him and say (in that "Motherly way") "Car--ter," he gives me that little grin. As if he's saying, "I know Mommy, but I'm just too cute for you to be mad at me!" And he's right.


9. Funny...I love the sun. I love the way it shines in through the blinds during the day. I love how it makes everything outside look when it's out from behind the clouds. I love the warmth that it gives. I love that I never have to shovel its heat from my driveway so that I can go somewhere. But then, I also can't wait for the cool weather to come so I can wear those long sleeve t-shirts 'cause I think sometimes I love them more than the sun.


10. I also love the 10th of the month. I enjoy my randomness. Since I'm a SAHM, I don't get all my visiting done during the day, so it's kind of a nice way to 'talk.' It doesn't matter how long these 10th posts get because they're numbered. You can either read the whole thing word for word or you can skim the list and if something catches your eye, read it. I don't really care...as long as you leave me a comment when you're done. :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    I love your lists :) It was great! Your kids are so cute and I love Carter's grin!!!

    I hope to one day be a SAHM. Sidnei tells me absolutely he doesn't want me to work when we have kids...however in this economy, I have a feeling I might be working. But you do what you have to right :) Glad you can stay at home with the little one! I can imagine even though it can be difficult it's rewarding too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl - thanks for leaving me your blog address (mine is http://indianmama.blogspot.com). I'm adding you to my blogroll - feel free to add me as well. I'm so jealous that your a SAHM - I was one for a year (after Bella was born), but I'm back to teaching. Hopefully, I'll get my SAHM status back in a couple of years. Love your blog - so fancy! Can't wait to catch up on what you've been up to since college! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat list--I half homeschool and I held all my kid while they slept--just easier :)
    Yay for finding the pink shoe!

    Happy POW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog. Very cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?