Sunday, April 19, 2009

Strange, but true!

This past Easter was Carter's first Easter. It's odd because we celebrated his one-year birthday two weeks prior.


I remember last year thinking he might be born on Easter. I was really hoping that wouldn't happen because I really wanted to celebrate the day with my girls. I bought them pretty dresses and special matching hair bows that I searched high and low for -- I couldn't wait for Sunday so I could "doll them all up." (Shoot -- That's something I look forward to every Sunday!)

Hot Rod didn't actually believe me at first. It wasn't until I "Googled" the date of last year's Easter that he was convinced. (It just doesn't seem right, but since the date of Easter moves around so much, I guess it happens from time to time.) I saw a picture from Easter last year of a cousin's little girl. There I was in the background - belly big as a blimp!



We had a nice day, despite all the rain.


After church services, we headed to the classroom hallways to hunt eggs.



(Little man just wanted the stuff in the eggs!! - Smart kid...)



We filled our baskets and hunted down the Easter bunny for pictures.



(Just look at Carter eyeing the Easter Bunny's candy basket!)

We had a fabulous devotional and activity to complete with our family provided by SonKids.



Once we got home, we did a quick last minute touch up of the house and then I started cooking my Cherry Surprise - Yum!! Not long after Hot Rod's family started to arrive. We had a great feast and a nice time visiting with family.



And it wasn't too bad being cooped up in the house all afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry we didn't see you guys on Easter. Your girls look as beautiful as always! I love the matching outfits. Carter is a little man of my own heart, get this candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carter's basket!! Sam's had them after Easter for 2 bucks, I figured it would make a perfect gift bag.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?