Friday, May 23, 2008

I Give up...I Mean, I QUIT!

No, really - today I quit...my job! I was planning on going in to the office on Tuesday to give my (5 week!!) notice in person, but my boss was scheduled to be on vacation. That meant I'd have to work in the office all day Tuesday and wait to turn in my notice until Wednesday. A whole day without my baby boy?! I just didn't want to leave my little man at home or worry about milk to feed him. Not that he wouldn't be in excellent hands with my older sister, I just don't want to be away from him. So today...I did it! After 10 years of working there, I called up my boss and told him the end of June was the end of my employment. It wasn't an easy thing to do. I've got a great boss and I work for a great (Fortune 100) company. He took it well and had only kind words to say. I will miss him.


Now I'll be #1 in charge! A promotion and a raise!! I won't be paid money, but being able to spend more time with my children is all the compensation I need. Of course I'm a little nervous, but very excited about my new adventure.

I quit my job for this:

And this:

Can you blame me?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:12 AM

    That is the best reason! Those adorable kids. I am so excited for you!!! Play dates are coming soon =)!

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?