Wednesday, December 10, 2008

10 things I'm thinking on the 10th

1. I've been in a state of blahs lately. I haven't felt like doing anything. In fact, for a week now, I've had to force myself to do the smallest things. I don't know what it is, but I think it's fading. I've started to get my "oomph" back. I'm blaming it on the weather...and being sick.

2. Speaking of the weather, what is with this ridiculous Houston weather? I mean, I've lived here my entire life and I still cannot get used to it. I know what to expect. It happens every year. Besides, where do you think the following quote came from: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change" Yep, Houston, Texas! It is hard to get into the Christmas spirit when the weather is 75 degrees. (That was yesterday...today's a whole nother story -- COLD!) YAY, break out the hot cocoa.

3. I love the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha that comes out this time of year! My hubby is such a sweet man, he figured out how to take a simple hot chocolate drink and make it minty. Being the awesome man that he is, he made it for me to help get me out of my "funk"...at least, that's what I'm telling myself.

4. With the birth of each child, we wondered how in the world we could possibly love another child so much. How in the world would there be enough love to go around? Now that the children are "one up" on us, we can't imagine life without any of them. It seems that you find room in your heart to love each one of them for who they are.

5. Maddie, at 5 (almost 6) years old is a second "mom" to her younger brother and sister. She is very helpful to Mommy and Daddy - especially when it comes to her siblings. She loves to care for Carter and entertain him. When it comes to Hailey, she couldn't have a more perfect playmate. All girls should have a sister. (I should know, I have 3!) She's doing well in Kindergarten and is proud of herself when she successfully reads her papers for school.

6. Hailey, now 3 years old is my cuddler. I have to soak it all in while Daddy is at work or traveling because she is a major Daddy's girl. (Drives me crazy! If it were up to me, they'd all snuggle up to me on the couch every night.) She can pick up on things quickly when she has the desire. Just a few days ago, she said, "I dropped my baby and I catched it." Daddy corrected her that is should be caught. The very next day, she was playing and said, "I catched--I caught it." So proud! You won't find better manners than this little one.

7. Carter, a whopping 8 months old...not that you'd know that to look at him. He's always looked older for his age. It's funny to hear people say, "He looks like a little man! He doesn't look like a baby anymore." (Truth be told, he never looked like a baby...okay, maybe when he first came home and for the first month) He's a strong little boy. He continually amazes me with his physical abilities. I keep waiting for him to just stand up and walk over to me, but he is still just crawling - and FAST! Unfortunately (for everyone else - not me), he is a Momma's boy. Drives most people crazy. If I am anywhere in the room, he wants to be held by me. I don't mind. I'm afraid one day, he won't want his crazy Mom around. So, for now, I'll just soak it up!

8. "As Seen on TV" - this just cracks me up! Who comes up with these crazy things that they sell on television. And don't even get me started on the bearded guy that pushes them all. He ALmost makes me believe in the amazing power of whatever product he is peddling. I can hear him now: Just look at the (grass, chocolate, red wine, you name it) stains lift right out of this bright white shirt - it looks just like new! OR This putty can hold a two-ton truck being towed. OR Just watch how it melts away hard water, lime, rust, and mildew from this old tub. IF ONLY...

9. Someone should write songs for Independence Day that make everyone feel the way that Christmas songs make you feel during the Christmas season. "Line the rockets in a row, fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! Light a match and watch it glow, fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!" and "City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in red, white and blue. In the air there are fireworks glowing" and let's not leave out "Sparklers, sparklers, hot dogs all the way. Picnics by the bright moonlight it's Independence Day!" (Don't blame me for the shotty lyrics...I'm a singer, not a song writer!)

10. It's been a while since we've gone to the movies...until recently. We took all three kids to see Madagascar 2 - SO GOOD!! Now, I am dying to go see movie after movie. I can't wait to drag Hot Rod out to see Four Christmases. I don't know about any of you, but it looks hilarious to me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:28 PM

    hahaha I loved your lyrics! they were really good!! I am so excited to have babies :) and I think everyone should have sisters too! I grew up with one, my parents got divorced and remarried and i inherited 3 more! (and 2 brothers!) They are all fun!!

    I really want to go see four christmases! I think it looks so funny! Unfortunately, the ones that have seen it tell me that it's okay. But please go see it and tell me what you think!! I hope I can see it over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year we had an "As Seen on TV Christmas" and exchanged the absolutely best gifts ever!

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?