Saturday, June 21, 2008

When I wasn't looking.

Some things have happened while I wasn't paying attention.

Apparently, my 2 year old has celebrated another birthday without me in the past 7 months. I remember planning a party for her second birthday in November, but how many is one little girl supposed to have in a year? I can't help but shake my head as I hear someone ask her, "And how old are you pretty girl?" to which she responds, "I'm free!" (which is Hailey for three) It's either that or she's trying to give herself away.

At one time or another, I have asked both my girls if they wanted to take gymnastics through the preschool that they currently attend. They both very enthusiastically told me in no uncertain terms -- NO! Periodically, Daddy or I will ask again only to receive the same response --NO! What prompts us to continue to ask is that our 5 year old comes home showing us the gymnastics moves from school. Now, mind you, we have still not enrolled her in the program.

I have never been quite sure where she is getting these moves until a few days ago when speaking with my good friend Mrs. TD. Apparently, my 5 year old has enrolled herself in the program. My girls and Mrs TD's children were attending Art Camp offered at our Church (also the place where my children attend school) When the day's activities were over, Mrs. TD needed to return Maddie to her classroom to finish school for the day. Mrs TD asked Maddie where her class was and Maddie responded saying something like "I'm supposed to be in gymnastics, but I don't feel like going because I'm not very good at it."

She's probably not very good at it because SHE'S NOT ENROLLED and SHE'S NEVER BEEN!!

And all this happened when I wasn't looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited you're here. Please leave me comment love...It makes me smile. And you want me to smile, don't you?